Monday, 11 March 2013

The Next Big thing Blog Hop

Thanks to Susie Medwell for tagging me to take part in the Next Big Thing. For those who are not familiar with it, in this writers answer ten questions about their work in progress and tag other authors to take it further. You can read Susie's post here. Before this, I've done the ten round questions for my first book which has been accepted by Harlequin and - everything going well - will be out later this year. It is the story which won me Mills and Boon Passions contest. Of course then it was 2k and from there it went to being a full length book. You can read my answers in connection to that here


Here we go :)

Q. What is the working title of your next book?
      Against All Rules. I hope to retain it if this book ever makes it to being published. it's quite telling and perfect for this story.
Q. From where did the idea come?
      This story has been in my mind for a long time. Since I thought of writing a book, in fact. However it took shape as an off shoot of the original story. At risk of sounding cliched, the characters had a mind of their own.
Q. Under which genre does your book fall?
     I write contemporary romance. My first book is more on the sweet side. With this one, I've challenged limits a bit and it's bolder than that. Again I blame the characters. :)
Q: Which actors would you choose to play the part of your characters for a movie?
Difficult to answer, but this picture of Aishwarya and Hrithik really catches the dynamics of Tahir and Samara's face-off for me.

Q. What is a one sentence synopsis of your book?
       How do you fight an attraction which threatens your peaceful life and once ignited consumes you against all rules!
Q. Will you self-publish or be represented by an agent?
      I'm happy to catch an editor's eye. If they like the story, they usually are happy to help you perfect it.
Q. How long did it take to write the first draft?
      Because I wrote it under steam, little more than a month. That was in 2011. But editing and revising for it I did off and on throughout 2012.
Q: With which books within your genre would your story compare?
      Any story with an office setting I guess. Oh, did I mention hero is her boss?
Q: Who or what inspired you to write this book?
      Maybe reading early books of Penny Jordan. At least when I started writing it. That was when I was a teen lol.
      However I lost that version long ago. But the story wouldn't let go of me. When I started writing I had to flesh out the characters, turn the situation into a bit more believable. So the final doesn't have more than passing resemblance to the original. But I still like to think of it as the first story on my own that I started writing. Has a lot of sentiment attached to it.
Q: What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
     The hallmark is really the hero and heroine's interaction and their gut deep conflict. But there's a visit in Thailand in passing which may provide a refreshing backdrop for a while.


Now I tag Carmen Falcone and Jennifer Drogell. Looking forward to reading their posts!

Really enjoyed this and hope you do too. Don't forget to check out my earlier post.
Find me on twitter @summervasu

8 comments:

  1. Ooh I love boss stories. Sounds great Ruchita! I will get my blog up as soon as my site is ready! Hopefully soon... And congrats on having your Passions book accepted by Harlequin!! That is amazing. xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jen! Can't wait to read your post :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats!

    I'm so excited for you, and am so glad you never stopped writing and hope readers will be able to read their story soon :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh what a nice thought, Carmen. Thank you!

      Delete
  3. Hi Ruchita, Susie tagged me, Anne Stenhouse, too and I'm lagging behind. Enjoyed seeing your answers and will now get on with my own. I have set up my followers. All the best with the new project(s).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great to have you visit, Anne and so glad you liked the post. Looking forward to reading yours!

      Delete
  4. Hi Ruchita.

    Aishwarya and Hrithik, yeah.

    I'm so looking forward to this book.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Maria! Hope it gets to be soon :)

    ReplyDelete